In case AIR still my weapon of choice for iOS/Android so let see the results!
- AIR SDK : http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html
- Extract to AIR SDK path : http://sleepydesign.blogspot.com/2012/04/flash-swf-version-meaning.html
- use "-useLegacyAOT no" in the ADT command, before the signing options.
Just follow R->G->B step, nice eh? ;)
Result for release build with plenty of assets
- Before update SDK AIR 3.8 = 7 minutes 8 seconds
- After update SDK AIR4.0 = 4 minutes 27 seconds
- After use "-useLegacyAOT no" in the ADT command = 35 seconds
OMG ~12xAll i can say is Adobe just give us a new year gift!
Hungry for more good news? try here : http://forums.adobe.com/message/6001351#6001351
Now I'm back to Xcode for my next app ;) Happy coding!
Update Some feedback via Twitter
- -useLegacyAOT no causes logic failures : http://forums.adobe.com/message/6017978
- -useLegacyAOT no cause huge performance drops : https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3695884
- Misplace ABC? : https://twitter.com/TheRabbitFlash/status/424856855337123840/photo/1
- It won't work via interpreter mode
Update from Adobe Fixed Issues
- 3739504 [External][Injection] Compiler change causes Flash Player to crash on load
- Bug 3718581:compile-abc.exe crashes when package a nape physics game with -useLegacyAOT
- Bug 3694360:-useLegacyAOT no causes logic failures in static function special scenario.
Flash Player Desktop: 184.108.40.206
AIR Runtime Desktop: 220.127.116.11
Hope it will be short list for bad news ;)