IntroQuite a long time that I didn't upgrade my PC hardware (before 2012 I think), And last time I just upgrade OSX to Maverick but suddenly Xcode required to use Yosemite...grhhh So I've 2 task to accomplish here,
- upgrade my Maverick to Yosemite for Xcode sake.
- upgrade my hardware which is EVGA GTS250 PCIExpressx16 Gen 2 1G GDDR3 to ASUS GeForce® GTX 750 Ti OC 2G (which is same price at that time but yeah faster obviously)
Due to many step and Boot Flags to miss and mess up and yes I did lost a whole day and night to finish it! Then it a good reason to write it here for my own use later and should be save save someone time! Let's go!
My PC System
- Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
- Processor Name: Intel Core i5
- Processor Speed: 3.21 GHz
- Number of Processors: 1
- Total Number of Cores: 2
- L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
- L3 Cache: 4 MB
- Memory: 12 GB
- Boot ROM Version: MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com
- SMC Version (system): 1.30f3
- Graphics: ASUS GeForce® GTX 750 Ti OC 2G *My new baby yeah!
Stuck at [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!
- It's not a bluetooth problem at all, actually it's a process after that which is graphic related so don't bother fix bluetooth. do try (-v is for trace purpose, no effect)
-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes nv_disable=1
nv_disable=1 did boot and getting in OSX but got glitch+slow render
- boot in safe mode with -v -x to getting in to OSX and...
- Install http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-6.5.46-driver.html
- Install http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Mac/Quadro_Certified/343.02.02f01/WebDriver-343.02.02f01.pkg&lang=us&type=GeForce
- Run MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.2.0
- Select Quick start -> EasyBeast
- Forget about Drivers you can mess it later.
- Select Customize and make sure Chimera 4.0.1 is install and selected
- Build and org.chameleon.Boot.plist should look like picture above (on top of the blog) except "device-properties" (will do this later)
Try login Mac App Store but get...
"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."
- try this : http://www.hackintoshosx.com/topic/19442-guide-get-icloud-app-store-and-imessage-working/
- and org.chameleon.Boot.plist should look like picture above (on top of the blog)
boot flags keep getting nvda_drv=1 like this
- #to see it's there
$ nvram -p
- #to delete it (sudo did the trick for me)
$ sudo nvram -d boot-args