my last try with C++ was back to around year 1994 with Turbo C or Borland C (as i remember), let's try again in 2008 lol, i’m on window xp btw… let’s go!
- Alchemy Toolkit Package for your operating system
// link plz : http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/alchemy.html
- Cygwin with the following packages installed
- Perl // what Perl doing here?
- zip // also unzip lib huh? no?
- gcc / g++ // it's call gcc-g++ when you select in d/l list
- Java // which one? JRE or SDK? hmm.. let's get them all
- Flex 3.2 SDK // link plz :http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+3
- Flex Builder or Flex SDK setup to target compilation for Flash Player 10 // should be easy here
Step 1 Download and install Cygwin. Make sure to install the following packages:
Step 2 Download and install Java.
// as i said just get them both
- Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 11
- Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 6 Update 11
Step 3 Make sure to restart the Cygwin terminal after installing Java.
// huh? i didn't start anything yet shall i restart?
Step 4 Download and install the Flex SDK, and add the $FLEX_HOME/bin directory to your Cygwin environment's path (within ~/.bashrc) (See below for an example).
// (within ~/.bashrc)??? i got 2 of bashrc file which one?
- C:\cygwin\etc\skel\.bashrc <-- this one? let's see inside
# To pick up the latest recommended .bashrc content,
# look in /etc/defaults/etc/skel/.bashrc
// hmmm? this mean if i need last know good one i've to take from defaults folder right?
# The copy in your home directory (~/.bashrc) is yours, please
# feel free to customise it to create a shell
// hmmmmmmm home directory? where is it? is that "C:\cygwin\" or "C:\" ? or should i create new folder like this "C:\~" or this "C:\home" ???
- C:\cygwin\etc\defaults\etc\skel\.bashrc <-- or this one?
# Modifying /etc/skel/.bashrc directly will prevent
# setup from updating it.
// hmmmmmmmmmm so i do not need to mod it right?
//look like i fail already in step 4 let's skip(1st) this and look back later
Step 5 Download the Alchemy Package for your system from the pre-release site. For this example, we will assume that Windows is being used.
// easy one : http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/alchemy.html
Step 6 Unzip the package and copy the alchemy folder to you system. We will refer to this path as $ALCHEMY_HOME
// you system? your system? it's that "C:\WINDOWS"?, or "C:\WINDOWS\system" ??, or "C:\WINDOWS\system32" ???, i got plenty of system here which one???, ….skip again(2nd)
Step 7 Open a Cygwin terminal and change to the $ALCHEMY_HOME/ directory.
// Cygwin terminal? should be here : C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat
bash --login –i
// huh? after launch i can see C:\~ in title which mean system folder is "C:\” ????
and then “change to the $ALCHEMY_HOME/ directory” ….how?… let’s type “help” there
hmm… how about “dir”
okie, another clue here i’m in “C:\Documents and Settings\todsaporn.banjerdkit” folder
let’s copy “alchemy-cygwin-v0.4a” to C:\cygwin\alchemy cause i assume that “C:\cygwin\” is root folder
Step 8 Run the $ALCHEMY_HOME/config script
ok, i got Flex 3.2 here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.2.0\bin, then “and add /path/to/FlexSDK/bin to your path.” …your path? which path? maybe %PATH% in
“Environment Variables” here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310519
great! warning is gone! , let’s try next step
Step 9 Open alchemy_setup for editing and add the path to the ADL executable (included in the Flex SDK):
Make sure to uncomment this line, and that it contains the path to ADL.exe on your system.@C:\cygwin\alchemy\alchemy-setup
|export ADL=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.2.0\bin\adl.exe|
if you follow me to this step you ‘ll end up with plenty of error here LOL, sorry :P
almost 3 days gone to setup! who ever write this instruction suppose to be in 600 adobe cut-out list :P, before this story go to far i’ll cut it to the end
- “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.2.0” never work cause folder name it’s too fancy, you must change (copy) flex folder to something like “C:\flex” and folder structure will look like this
and below this actually no need but…it’s refuse to compile if i remove it, don’t ask me why :P
- “.bashrc” never call for me, i already put “.bashrc” file to every folder in c:\ drive, but they never call, for me i use “C:\cygwin\etc\profile” file to add start up command like this
- you can access “C:\” by use “/cygdrive/c/” for sample “C:\alchemy” mean “/cygdrive/c/alchemy/”
- Step 9 will look like this --> export ADL=/cygdrive/c/flex/bin/adl.exe
so, if you completely noobs like me and not feeling so lucky, i think you can skip this and try again really later, for me i’m done with this ;/
i think i didn’t need c++ for real life by now, so let’s get back to 3D thing ;P