- It's my favorite and lazy way to learn a thing, in this case is ActionScript 3.
- The reason for me is reading 800 pages of book sound boring to me, It's much better when try to compile and learn from working sample out there.
2. Where's the source?
- Open source age is here and now, If you focus on Flash then try followed links for sample.
Adobe Labs : http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Yahoo Labs: http://developer.yahoo.com/flash/
3. How to get the source?
- Let's look into link above, for sample Adobe link http://as3corelib.googlecode.com/svn/
- SVN stand for Subversion mean version control system
- Try explore trunk folder, Yeah! source code is there
Subversion : http://subversion.tigris.org/
4. How to grab/manage the source?
- It's easy, my favorite tool is TortoiseSVN, just download -> setup -> try
- Hint : make new folder -> right click -> select SVN checkout -> fill svn url -> press ok -> It's done!
wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion_(software)
TortoiseSVN : http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
5. Where to start?
- It's there just try http://as3corelib.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/
- But hey JSONExample.mxml?, It's Flex, well Flex it's not easy for newbies (also JSON),
let's try another one and come back here later ;)
- How about http://tweener.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Flex : http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/
6. What's next?
- SVN checkout -> setup class path in flash -> compile examples
7. How to get support?
- Got stuck?, found bug? try googling, forums, mailing list, join group
OK, this is all I got for now, hope this help all noob! ;D