I did wrote about Backend as a service (BaaS) for free (development/trial out) here. This time I will collect about free Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that can handle NodeJS and Websockets for later use.
Why now? Because... Gordon has working example which use NodeJS and Websockets working quite well and seem to be cross-platform (if I read it right) so let collect resources and do labs yeah!
- Main : https://www.heroku.com/
- Price : https://www.heroku.com/pricing
- NodeJS+Websockets : https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/node-websockets
- 512MB RAM
- 1x CPU Share
- Databases 10K rows
- Main : https://www.openshift.com/
- Price : https://www.openshift.com/products/pricing
- NodeJS+Websockets : https://www.openshift.com/blogs/paas-websockets
- Subdomains, Custom domains
- Individual users
- Shared certificate
- Small gears (1-3)
- Base storage (per gear) 1GB
- 15 pages/second
- Hundreds of articles
- ~ 50k visitors per month
Like usual, if you have other free services that can handle nodejs+websockets please leave comment!